Re: Trying to get LDAP to function under RedHat 5.0.

There are multiple LDAP RPMs floating about.  As the original poster
referenced "ldap 3.3-4", I would assume this to be from Rage.Net.  Rage.Net
LDAP was developed independently of OpenLDAP.  Please see
	http://www.rage.net/ldap/
for information concerning this package.

There are a couple of folks developing on OpenLDAP RPMs.  We're working
out a number of technical issues concerning packaging of OpenLDAP as
an RPM.  I would expect RPMs to be offically available and supported
in the near future, possibily for OpenLDAP 1.1.   If you would like to
experiment with OpenLDAP RPMs, check out
	http://blank.pages.de/ldap/

You find developer discussions, including those concerning packaging,
on the -devel list.

Kurt