Re: openldap: problems compiling openldap under RH linux 5.1

> This is the same result as the last time I tried to compile slapd about
> a month ago. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I might be able to get
> around the problem? Any help would be most appreciated.

Well, did you configure your slapd to use ldbm?

Check your Make-common file.  You should have something like:

SLAPD_BACKENDS= -DLDAP_LDBM -DLDAP_SHELL -DLDAP_PASSWD
LDBMBACKEND=-DLDBM_USE_GDBM
LDBMINCLUDE=-I/usr/local/include
LDBMLIB=-L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm

Go through that file and replace all ?= with just = and check each option.
I have had no problems compiling this on various breeds of Linux.  Heck,
right now I am using it under arm-linux on a Corel Netwinder box.  If it
works there, it will work anywhere,

-Rasmus