openldap: problems compiling openldap under RH linux 5.1

Hi all,

I have compiled openldap under linux (i386) today and from what I can
tell had no errors. Unfortunately when I run the tests, it fails before
it even gets a chance to convert to ldbm from ldif, with the following
error:

# make
Initiating LDAP tests...
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
Unrecognized database type (ldbm)
ldif2ldbm failed!
make: *** [all] Error 1

This is the same result as the last time I tried to compile slapd about
a month ago. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I might be able to get
around the problem? Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Sam Johnston
sam@unsw.edu.au