Re: [ldap] Re: OpenLDAP 1.0 and Make-common

Michael Thomas Cope <mcope@orion.ac.hmc.edu> wrote:
>> FOO?= bar
>> 	if FOO is not set, set it to bar
>This does not work with my system (Solaris 2.6 Sparc , Gnu Make 3.76.1)
>Wouldn't it be better to use
>ifndef LDAP_PREFIX
>LDAP_PREFIX = /usr/local/ldap
>endif

I am afraid your change would only shift build problems to a new
group of users.

For stable, I feel a decent approach is to add defines to
platform/Make-platform files as need.  For now, users will have
edit Make-common as needed for the resolve build issues.  I'll
add a comment specific to this issue.

For devel, the solution is autoconf.  Of course, to make an autoconf
build a reality, we'll need help.  A prototype for this is already
in the works.  I'll post something to -devel list in the next couple
of days detailing we needs to get done to finish this project (in
hope that we'll get some help).

>While we're on the subject of make problems, libexec and sbin are not
>properly created in a clean install.

Please submit a note to the bug list.  An attached patch would
be great.

Kurt