Re: back-config delete support (syncprov overlay)

masarati@aero.polimi.it wrote:
Am Freitag 26 Februar 2010 13:30:55 schrieb masarati@aero.polimi.it:
Returning an error just for the LDAPSync related Search seemed more
logical to me.

In any case, (ab)using an existing error code might not be optimal.  as a
consequence of removing slapo-syncprov(5), any consumer using it needs to
be clearly informed that just retrying later is probably not an option.
On the contrary, returning a dedicated error would allow to exactly inform
the consumer about what it can expect from the (former) producer, and
possibly to suggest a strategy (e.g. the message could contain a hint
about some substitute producer, or so).

This situation is no different than pointing a consumer at a server that has no provider configured. We don't do anything special for that case; I don't believe anything special is called for here.