Re: 3rd party apps for building/testing?

--On Friday, April 10, 2009 1:32 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

I think we pick a core set of packages that we control specifically, and
leave the rest to whatever's on the platform. Currently that would
include BerkeleyDB, OpenSSL, and Cyrus SASL. I occasionally run tests
across BDB 4.4, 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7 but in general I don't think it's
important to test more than the current 4.7.

The focus is obviously on finding portability issues in our own code. We
have to assume that the other packages' teams already have a handle on
their own portability issues.

What about Heimdal? libltdl? We've invariably hit problems with bad platform builds of libltdl at least.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer