3rd party apps for building/testing?

Hi,

I'm wondering what we should do for picking this. Do we go with bdb 4.7.25 with patches and whatever each distro provides for OpenSSL, GnuTLS etc. that we test on. Do we test various versions or just have some options in our initial build scripts to specify these? Do we pick versions we recommend for production or just something that will work for testing or do we only test an exact set of package versions with our build options?

I say we pick our versions with our build options and allow these to be set by either the person contributing the build box or us in the script. I think we can leave each distro to do the testing of the version of OpenLDAP they provide and whatever that distro uses as build reqs.

Thoughts?

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,