Re: Build farm central node

> I think a first pass would be to get all the infrasructure up with a
> single VM
> as a target. And I think adding non-Linux VMs is an obvious next step
> -
> FreeBSD, OpenSolaris, etc.

OK. So we have kvm running with libvirtd and an up to date Centos 5.3 64 bit
vm running now with internal networking.

This works (you obviously need access here and I need to add you to the libvirtd user group).

virt-viewer --connect qemu+ssh://ghenry@fermat.openldap.org/system centos5.3-64

You can ssh to it from fermat too (ip provided offlist or via ifconfig using above).

Will move on to the build/test framework later.

> If QEMU was further along I'd investigate that route too for non-x86
> testing
> but unfortunately it seems to be fairly limited in that respect.
> (E.g., QEMU
> Sparc emulation still can't boot Solaris.)

Yeah, was looking into that and even tried solaris10 sparc. Of course, no joy.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.