Re: Build farm central node

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 21:18 +0100, ghenry@openldap.org wrote:
> ----- "Howard Chu" <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> > Gavin Henry wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I now have admin privs on the projects build box, so what do we need
> > in a build farm?
> > >
> > > I like the Samba model with the drop down to view things:
> > >

> > http://build.samba.org/?host=SerNet-solaris8&tree=ldb&compiler=gcc-4.2&function=Recent+Builds
> > > http://build.samba.org/about.html
> > >
> > > And I like that users can add their arch too:
> > >
> > > http://build.samba.org/instructions.html
> > >
> > > Code is at:
> > >
> > > http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/build_farm/

That's not the current code.  The current code is in our SVN server.

There are a *lot* of improvements in the current code, including in
particular a scripted admin interface, which makes the task of adding
and removing machines, watching out for dead boxes etc *much* easier.

> > > I'm happy to get everything setup but I need to know what we want.
> > My
> > > first
> > thoughts were to have lots of VMs on the big build box we've got,
> > bring the
> > VMs up and down when needed and compile HEAD, RE24 periodically, but
> > that
> > smoke testing would just make noise.
> > >
> > > We'll need a frontend to browse results anyway and maybe an admin
> > panel to
> > issue builds or just some admin commandline tools for pre-release
> > testing.
> > E-mails could go to a new openldap-builds@openldap.org list or
> > similar. We'll
> > also need a tool for users to register their system/host with the
> > build master
> > to collect results and show them. And we'll need some set of standard
> > build
> > options to be uniform across platforms?
> >
> > These frontends aren't already part of the samba build farm package?
>
> I think some of them are yes. I'll download it and check.

If there is anything that you need that we don't publish, then just ask.
(I don't think there is however).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett