Re: 'monitoring disabled' message

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
RE24 slapadd complains:
bdb_monitor_db_open: monitoring disabled; configure monitor database to enable

I prefer slapadd to be silent unless there is something wrong. "database monitor" in slapd.conf shuts it up (which makes the message misleading, first I thought I had done --disable-monitor). But is there some reason why one ought to add database monitor to slapd.conf? Where is it documented?

It's not, but it should be, as you can add things to it via back-config according to Ando.

Didn't he add new monitoring info for bdb caching?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.