Re: Access control in slapd (was Re: no more direct support ACIs?)

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 16:59 +0100, RaphaÃl Ouazana-Sustowski wrote:
> On Ven 9 dÃcembre 2005 16:54, RaphaÃl Ouazana-Sustowski wrote:
> > On Ven 9 dÃcembre 2005 16:43, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> >
> >> Let me stress that, as I wrote in the initial message, ACIs will remain
> >> part of slapd; only, they have already been factored out of access
> >> control code, and they likely will move into a run-time loaded module,
> >> but the original functionality will be fully preserved.
> >
> > As we are working on an other access control for slapd, I have some
> > questions about that:
> > - when you say "a run-time loaded module" do you mean a module as in
> > contrib/slapd-modules or an overlay?
> > - in the first case do you think it is possible to make an overlay which
> > does access control or is there any technical reason that prevent doing
> > that ?
>
> Oups...  I would have read your FAQ entry before posting that...  So it
> seems that ACIs are really implemented in an overlay.  I badly remembered
> a discussion that said that it was not possible.

NO! where did you read that?  If I wrote it, then I made a mistake,
please point it out.  SLAPI is implemented in an overlay, so SLAPI
access control is actually cast into the overlay access control
framework.

ACI is cast into dynacl, which has nothing to deal with overlays.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution

SysNet s.n.c.