Re: Controls and backends

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:05:49PM +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> > There still seems to be a little problem with the backend independance:
> > when slapd receives a search requests, it calls
> > backend_check_restrictions that calls backend_check_controls that only
> > checks the controls supported by the selected backend, ignoring the
> > controls supported by the overlays. Did I miss something in the
> > supported controls declaration or do I need to edit each backend init.c
> > file?
>
> No.  The infrastructure for the controls should take care of that.  I
> haven't read the code that well after the latest changes; you should see
> what happens.  Since both ppolicy and syncprov do register controls, and
> they work pretty well, I don't see why yours shouldn't.  Can you
> cross-check if you did anything different in this sense?

>From what I read, these overlays seems to manage the replies on their
own! syncprov "connects" directly to the backends, bypassing some of the
tests (restrictions, maybe acls) done in slapd when all overlays return
SLAP_CB_CONTINUE (or when there is no overlay).

--
Bertrand Croq - FreesKop - Avenue Robert Schuman - 35170 BRUZ
http://www.freeskop.com/ - Tel: 02 99 05 04 56 - Fax: 02 99 05 96 40