Controls and backends

Hi,
finaly, I have been able to start with SSS/VLV using overlays:

bertrand@raoul:~$ ldapsearch -xLLLs base supportedControl
dn:
supportedControl: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.9 <======== VLV
supportedControl: 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473  <======== SSS

There still seems to be a little problem with the backend independance:
when slapd receives a search requests, it calls
backend_check_restrictions that calls backend_check_controls that only
checks the controls supported by the selected backend, ignoring the
controls supported by the overlays. Did I miss something in the
supported controls declaration or do I need to edit each backend init.c
file?

Another question: I am writting this code to use slapd with Outlook as a
shared directory. In Debian's slapd.conf, I added a

defaultsearchbase ou=people,dc=raoul,dc=freeskop,dc=net

so that I don't have to configure the base DN in Outlook's LDAP
configuration. Using CVS HEAD version, it always fails with an error:

raoul:/home/bertrand/dev/openldap/servers/slapd# ./slapd -f /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.new -d2047
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.X (Dec  2 2004 13:11:57) $
        bertrand@raoul:/home/bertrand/dev/openldap/servers/slapd
daemon_init: <null>
daemon_init: listen on ldap:///
daemon_init: 1 listeners to open...
ldap_url_parse_ext(ldap:///)
daemon: initialized ldap:///
daemon_init: 2 listeners opened
lt-slapd init: initiated server.
slap_sasl_init: initialized!
reading config file /etc/ldap/slapd.conf.new
line 1 (defaultsearchbase ou=people,dc=raoul,dc=freeskop,dc=net)
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf.new: line 1: defaultSearchBase line must appear prior to any backend or database definition
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf.new: line 1: handler for <defaultSearchBase> exited with 1!lt-slapd destroy: freeing system resources.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

I don't see any backend or database initialization in this log (I have
asked configure to build the backends as modules) but slapd still
complains. Is there any ./configure option that I missed ?

--
Bertrand Croq - FreesKop - Avenue Robert Schuman - 35170 BRUZ
http://www.freeskop.com/ - Tel: 02 99 05 04 56 - Fax: 02 99 05 96 40