Re: Suggestion: attribute;search

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
> How about ;lang-x-hidden and some ACLs?  No coding required.

Hm?  It isn't a language.  Sounds like an abuse of "lang".

Besides, I just finished coding user-defined attribute options:  Since I
thought I'd have to implement a new option anyway, I could just as well
generalize.  (They cannot be specified in slapd.conf "index" statements,
though.)

ACLs:  Good idea.  This now gives the effect I want:

 attributeoption x-hidden
 access to cn;x-hidden,sn;x-hidden,givenName;x-hidden,ou;x-hidden by * search

The ACL gets a bit cumbersome if many attributes use x-hidden, but I
guess I might leave it at that.

--
Hallvard