Deprecated ldap_result2error()

I am having difficulty to find the replacement routine for
ldap_result2error() which is marked as deprecated in ldap.h.
After doing an async ldap_simple_bind() followed by ldap_result() and
ldap_parse_result(), I need a way of getting ld_errno from the opaque LDAP
ld structure.
The ldap_result2error() does nicely.
I am using openldap-2.0.23.
Any pointers are greatly appreciated!
many thanks
Albert Pretorius

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.