ITS#1836, BDB locking, caching...

Any new news on this front?

This may be an unrelated problem, but when compiling back-bdb with the
Hierarchical option enabled, I always get a SEGV on slapd shutdown, while
tearing down the entry cache. This is suspicious to me because the
Hierarchical code doesn't affect any of the entry-caching code, and yet I
don't see this crash using the default code. The crash appears to be because
the LRU list is missing an entry that the main AVL tree holds.

The fact that there are "lock is no longer valid" errors appearing in the log
is also suspicious.