Re: back-perl and password/user synchronization

>According to my understanding of perlembed, dSP C macro expects a
>'PerlInterpreter' pointer called 'my_perl' to have been defined.  But in
>ldap/servers/slapd/back-perl/perl_back.h  the perl interpreter defined is...
>extern PerlInterpreter *perl_interpreter;

It worked out of the box with Perl 5.005_03 on a (reasonably) vanilla
Solaris 8 system.

Possibly newer versions of Perl have problems?

On a related note, I think it would be good to extend the interface
presented by the glue code to allow the backend to return arbitrary
LDAP result code to the client, not just LDAP_SUCCESS or
LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR.

regards,

-- Luke

--