Re: back-perl and password/user synchronization

Luke Howard wrote:
>>According to my understanding of perlembed, dSP C macro expects a
>>'PerlInterpreter' pointer called 'my_perl' to have been defined. But in
>>ldap/servers/slapd/back-perl/perl_back.h the perl interpreter defined is...
>>extern PerlInterpreter *perl_interpreter;
>

> It worked out of the box with Perl 5.005_03 on a (reasonably) vanilla
> Solaris 8 system.
>
> Possibly newer versions of Perl have problems?

Sorry, if I forgot to mention.  I'm trying to get back-perl to build on
Win32 ( Windows 2000 ) using activestate perl.

This is part of a slightly larger effort to develop a OpenLDAP solution
for the single-signon problem.

(i)  We have a sourceforge project to gather documentation and code at
http://acctsync.sf.net/

(ii) Osama Dengler wrote a password filter that updates a OpenLDAP
user's password when the password on an NT Domain changes.
http://www.denglernet.de/  This code is *very* Alpha.  But testing would
be greatly appreciated.

(iii) I am working on getting back-perl to build on Win32 to facilitate
the creation of NT accounts / changing of NT passwords, whenever that is
changed on the OpenLDAP server.  My model is that the UNIX OpenLDAP
server pushes account changes to the Win32 OpenLDAP server.  The Win32
OpenLDAP server uses back-perl to make the account changes to the system.

So, if anyone has any insight to perlembed, win32 perl, or back-perl,
please let me know.

> On a related note, I think it would be good to extend the interface
> presented by the glue code to allow the backend to return arbitrary
> LDAP result code to the client, not just LDAP_SUCCESS or
> LDAP_OPERATIONS_ERROR.

I was thinking the same thing.

--
http://linuxquestions.org/ - Ask linux questions, give linux help.