Re: TODO : Implement localization

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:41:27 -0800
"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

> At 03:18 AM 2002-02-18, Volkov Serge wrote:
> >I whant to impliment this item of TODO list
>
> Great.  I assumed you've read my previous post
> outlining briefly what needed to get done.
>   http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200201/msg00120.html
>
> >I wil use gettext interface for localization
>
> I suggest you use the catgets(3) interface as does the
> existing -lldap code.  catget(3) is more widely available
> than gettext.
>
> I note as well that gettext comes with a restrictive
> license which would severely limit redistribution of
> OpenLDAP executables which were linked with gettext.
>
> Kurt

I read gettext tutorial attentive and ask different people from our translation teams
And they say that catgets has problem with diffrents locales for example for RUSSIAN
ru_RU.CP1251, ru_RU.UTF-8, ru_RU.KOI8-R

Next problem is when try to ganerate directory with russian and  LC_CTYPE=POSIX the gencat notwork
We must all time correct the Makefile for LC_CTYPE= On my mind it's not good for portability.

And now gettext lib redistribuite under LGPL lisens It's conflict with OpenLDAP Lisens or not ???

--
With best wishes, Volkov Serge
Network Administrator/Security Administrator