Re: ACL performance again

Stephan Siano wrote:

> OK, I will see what I can do. I got most of it working in the HEAD version to
> see whether it gives a performance increase for my customer's case (it does),
> but some cases are not handeled yet. How should I submit the patches? Via the
> ITS?

Yes.  Be sure to update frequently before tou submit the patch, because
slapd code has been changed frequently in the past days; be sure you
understand how DNs and strings are mostly handled now (with struct
bervals).
Feel free to discuss changes if you're not comfortable with something.

Consider that DNs in ACL (especially with regard to REGEX) will see a
lot
of work to harmonize them with UTF-8 support and structured DN handling.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 |