Re: ACL performance again

On Monday, 7. January 2002 20:35, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 12:25 AM 2002-01-07, Stephan Siano wrote:
> >>
> >> In looking at the code, there is normally a call to
> >> access_allow() for the target without any values followed
> >> by one call to access_allow for the target with each value.
> >>
> >> One could pass out a from the first call the pointer to the
> >> first ACL which is value specific.  If this pointer was
> >> NULL, then the access_allow() result for the target without
> >> any values would be applied to targets regardless of the
> >> value.  If non-NULL, the pointer would be provided on the
> >> each per value call and used to jump start processing.
> >
> >Good idea.
>
> Unfornately, I don't have time to implement this.  Volunteers
> welcomed.

OK, I will see what I can do. I got most of it working in the HEAD version to
see whether it gives a performance increase for my customer's case (it does),
but some cases are not handeled yet. How should I submit the patches? Via the
ITS?

Yours
Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31