RE: back-bdb

At 08:59 PM 2001-10-15, Howard Chu wrote:
>I don't know what the ultimate goal is for back-bdb.

The ultimate goal of back-bdb development is to provide a
reliable general purpose directory backend to replace
back-ldbm.  It's targeted for the common appropriate
uses of directories.

At the moment, I'd like to focus on completing what's
there...  I don't have much problem with incremental
optimizations as long as it is demonstrated that they
are useful.  For the DB format change you suggest, I
think this would be relatively easy to demonstrate.

But architectural changes, such as going to a
'hierarchical' design are best independently (like
you are doing).