Re: C++ variant of OpenLDAP 2.0 alpha3

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 02:56 PM 2/24/00 +0100, Mikael wrote:
> >Since the whole OpenLDAP package is written in C it is hard to use other
> >modules (f.e. DCOM,dll:s written in C++ in the OpenLDAP code.
>
> C can call C++ and vice versa.

Hmm....I am almost certain that you cannot call a C++ routine from C (program
compiled with C compiler). In my case I need to call functions in a DCOM
server which means that I need to import the wrapper interface of the DCOM
using:
    #import "myDcomServer.exe"
producing a .tlh file containing interface definitions GUID:s etc.
I cannot include this 'wrapping' interface into my C-openldap-code, compiler
is screaming....

I tried to write a dll with static library linkage containing only
C-compatible function interface but so far this hasnt been working either.

So the basic problem is: openldap, written in C, cannot call my C++ DCOM(or
dll) interface which I (ofcourse) cannot translate into C (auto-generated). I
can also not translate the complete openldap package into C++.

Please advise if I'm missing a clue here, or perhaps how I can call (and
indirectly compile) C++ code from openldap C code.

> >Is there a C++ version of the OpenLDAP 2.0 alpha3 package(or any other
> >OpenLDAP package)?
>
> No.

Ok. :(

--