[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP backend problem
- To: LDAPDevelopement <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP backend problem
- From: Mikael <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:57:04 +0100
- Organization: Envilogg
- References: <DB8AFFD38A30D311BA6D0090276DC8C0CDF5A0@merc09.us.sas.com>
Sorry for all these emails but I think I have found the error:
When starting slapd it reads rootdn from slapd.conf which in this case was
o=envilogg,c=se . But when I tried to start ldapmodify tool I used bind dn
cn=root,dc=envilogg,dc=se but with the correct password.
This gave me LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS as response.
So here comes a new question (which I cc to openldap dev mailing list
I would like to have several customers linked to the SAME backend
They all have different root_dn:s and different passwords.
So my questions is: is it possible to have several root_dn,root_pw to the
same database (or directory) definition? The incoming root_dn will then be
validated and used to link to the correct database in my backend
Greatful for any help.