Re: Kerberos linking problems

At 04:05 PM 1/10/99 +0000, matt.nottingham@virgin.net wrote:

>I found 5 free minutes to have a look at the latest openldap-devel.tgz
>and found that it doesn't link any of the executables.
>This is due to
>the fact that it was not trying to link with -lkrb -ldes.

I recently updated the build system to add $(KRB_LIBS) to
the link commands of applications using -lldap.  You might
grab the latest (via AnonCVS) and see if my changes had
any impact (positive or negative) upon building with Kerberos.

>To fix this
>(quickly) I modified configure.in as follows at the end of this
>message with the output if diff. Basically all I do is make sure the
>KRB_LIBS get prepended onto the LIBS list if it is required.

This forces all OpenLDAP applications to be linked with Kerberos.
A number of test applications do not link with -lldap and hence
don't need Kerberos' libraries.

Another issue with your suggestion is that you made it conditional
on the des_string_to_key() check.  I am not this will have the
desired result with all Kerberos implementions.

>This now allows me to link and it seems to pass all its tests.

Hopefully someone will take the time to test the changes with
Kerberos before the next release.

I would also welcome patches to clean up UD's des_string_to_key()
usage.