Compiling LDAP on BSD/OS 3.1

I managed to get the source to compile on a BSD/OS 3.1 machine with a
small change. (Seems to work fine as of yet)

Basically I used the FreeBSD configuration, but with one small change,  I
commented out pthread_yield() in thread.c ... That was the only thing
stopping the compile. (Multiple definitions)

My question: is this a valid way of going about a port? I'd like to have
an LDAP server on one of our BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 machines.

If it all works fine I can upload a diff for official BSD support in the
Makefile.

Let me know,
 - Jonathan