[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#8119) ldapsearch: put empty line after result not before next result
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#8119) ldapsearch: put empty line after result not before next result
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:03:41 +0000
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> ldapsearch outputs LDAP results in a loop. The LDIF separator isn't printed
> after the result is printed. It's printed before the next result is printed.
> This subtlety causes a problem for a program consuming the output of a
> persistent ldapsearch (-Esync=rp).
Sorry, but anyone who wants to implement a robust syncrepl client should not
rely on ldapsearch command-line tool for that job. IMO it will never really
fit the requirements. Use a decent LDAP module for your programming language.