[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:01:55 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
Thanks for responding, Pierangelo.
I am asking (begging) my chief engineer to entertain this idea. Will
report back ASAP.
On Oct 14, 2009, at 11:52 AM, email@example.com wrote:
>> Version: 2.4.17
>> Occasionally, I will find one of my servers (running Debian/Lenny
>> back-ported slapd version 2.4.17) in a state where the following
>> * Write operations will 'freeze' - leaving the requester at a frozen
>> prompt or
>> frozen LDAP-client of some kind (from wherever the write-operation
>> * slapd refuses to 'stop', even though it indicates that its
>> waiting for
>> processes to complete.
>> * Logs do not indicate a segfault nor any poorly terminated
>> * Read operations on same server continue to function normally.
>> Any data
>> existed before the "freeze" is returned as it should be.
> You probably hit ITS#6276, which was fixed in 2.4.18. Can you
> upgrade and