[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6331) slapd freezing, not accepting further 'write' operations while 'read' operations are unaffected
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:52:38 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Version: 2.4.17
> Occasionally, I will find one of my servers (running Debian/Lenny with
> back-ported slapd version 2.4.17) in a state where the following occurs:
> * Write operations will 'freeze' - leaving the requester at a frozen
> prompt or
> frozen LDAP-client of some kind (from wherever the write-operation
> * slapd refuses to 'stop', even though it indicates that its waiting for
> processes to complete.
> * Logs do not indicate a segfault nor any poorly terminated processes.
> * Read operations on same server continue to function normally. Any data
> existed before the "freeze" is returned as it should be.
You probably hit ITS#6276, which was fixed in 2.4.18. Can you upgrade and