Re: [ldapext] UTF-8 full support in LDIF / LDIF v2

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

There were also suggestions of adding a "charset" specification (yuk).

Is there something we cannot do with Unicode ? I don't understand the advantage of a "charset" keyword. If anything, I'd rather look at an

I think Unicode is pretty much won the charset war and UTF-8 would be the best thing to use.
But I think Kurt was just mentioning this as an idea that was suggested.

I went back through the mailing list archive, "charset" came up, but I can't make sense of who started with it. Assuming we go ahead with UTF-8, does anybody here have a problem with NOT implementing "charset", to use Unicode / UTF-8 only ?

Yes, I believe you need to add a PDF or PS version to the original. I can look at that. Is there a tradition on how to pick the names for the example, or is it completely random ?

There is no tradition, you are free to use whatever you like.

Thanks.

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/