Re: [ldapext] Password Policy OIDs

Hi Jim,

The draft probably drifted 'far enough' from both the Novell and
Netscape implementations in the -00 version. The concern is probably how
far has it drifted (or will it drift) from where it was when other
vendors (OpenLDAP, eB2B, and others) started implementing it?

We have implemented the -05 version of this draft. In doing so we did a couple things differently which were conveyed to this list and included within the subsequent drafts.

Whilst we're on the discussion of allocating OID's I'd really love to see an OID allocated for the Password Policy Administrative Role. From RFC3672 (Section 2.2):
"The Administrative Model defined in [X.501], clause 10 requires that
administrative entries contain an administrativeRole attribute to
indicate that the associated administrative area is concerned with
one or more administrative roles."

Cheers,

Andrew Sciberras
eB2Bcom