Re: [ldapext] Password Policy OIDs

>>> Andrew Sciberras <andrew.sciberras@eB2Bcom.com> 10/27/04 4:15:15 PM >>>
<snip>

>Whilst we're on the discussion of allocating OID's I'd really love to
>see an OID allocated for the Password Policy Administrative Role. From
>RFC3672 (Section 2.2):
>"The Administrative Model defined in [X.501], clause 10 requires that
>administrative entries contain an administrativeRole attribute to
>indicate that the associated administrative area is concerned with
>one or more administrative roles."
There is a TODO statement in -08 for this (Section 10).

FWIW, this is what finally pushed me into raising the thread on the list — Do I get another OID from the Netscape folks? Do I add the first IANA_ASSIGNED oid? I'd rather move to all IANA_ASSIGNED oids at the same time I assign the administrative role OID.

We also need to dscribe how these administrative areas work. Can they overlap? Can they be defined in a way that causes some objects to be governed by no pwd policy subentry? Can one object be governed by multiple pwd policy subentries? If so, must each governing subentry list a unique pwd attribute?

Jim