RE: [ldapext] Re: draft-ietf-boreham-numsubordinates-01.txt

I think the use-case of for the "numSubordinates" is to decide whether the
entry is a leaf without making an additional search. If you don't
count the subentries in the "numSubordinates" your application (e.g. your
User-Administration browser" will not offer you the possibility to
browse below this object. You can argue that the "hasSubordinates" can be
used
for this but I don't need both in reality and if I have both I don't like
that the
"numSubordinates" can be 0 when the "hasSubordinates" is TRUE.

I vote for : count the subentries in the "numSubordinates".

Helmut