Re: [ldapext] Assert I-D.

"Also, the text should be less ambiguous on when the assertion is to be

checked. The draft says that the Assertion and the Operation shall be
done as an atomic operation. But it doesn't say if the assertion is to

be applied BEFORE the target entry contains the changes or AFTER.
For example, if I assert that foo=bar but replace the attribute foo
with
the foobar value, the assertion is true before I apply the change and
not after."

I wonder when you would need to assert after the update operation. If
the intention of the assert after the update is to check if a value got
set, the server sending a success result code in response to an
operation would mean that the update is successful. So assert in that
case isn't meaningful.
Assert after an update may only make sense with the increment modify
operation that Kurt was describing - so we could check for a particular
value after the increment.

Prasad