Re: [ldapext] Assert I-D.

But that would mean we have to lock the parent (another entry) in this
operation. All the other update operations required that only the entry
being acted upon is locked.
I guess it has certain implications for server implementors.

Prasad

Ludovic Poitou wrote:

> I agree, but this is not explicit in the Assert draft. and it's in
> contradiction with the text that specify that the Assertion is done
on
> the Target entry. For an Add, the target is the entry to add, not the

> parent.
>
> Ludovic.

Oh yes. I was just offering up a useful (?) semantic. Clearly the text

has to change if this is how
the control is to be used for add-operations.

       MVH leifj