Re: [ldapext] CLDAPv3: A slightly different approach

Thorild Selen wrote:

I've given some more thought to the CLDAPv3 issue. How about a
solution like this?

Basically: A request datagram (client to server) consists of one
single LDAPMessage containing optionally one BindRequest, then any

I have a couple of problem with this:

1. You can't do bind over UDP in any sensible way. You won't get away
with specifying plain password mechs in this day and age and SASL requires
a connection.

2. You will limit yourself to applications where all results fit in a single
datagram. Try returning a few userCertificates and you will be running out
of space really quick.

This is just off the top of my head. I will have to read your proposal again...

      MVH leifj