Re: [ldapext] VLV: absolute position of the list (negative offsets revisited)

At 01:19 PM 2002-09-26, David Boreham wrote:
>While reataining backwards compatibility with existing
>implementations ?

Backwards compatibility with early implementations is
a minor factor in determining which technical approach
should be taken.

As far an example, I described an paging example in a previous post.
You've dismissed this example as being beyond the scope of VLV.

 From this, I presume would dismiss any absolute positioning
example I offered as well.  I, however, believe that absolute
positioning has been to be useful in a number early
implementations of VLV.

Do you believe opposite, that is, operational experience with
early implementations of VLV have shown that absolute positioning
is not useful?