RE: JAVA SDK and error code handling for Server Side Sorting

At 01:24 PM 4/27/01, John Liang wrote:
>RFC 2891 makes use of the control's criticality field to decide to
>send unsorted result or not. I remember that it only makes sense
>if the LDAP server does not support this control. So was it changed
>somehow?

Well, one could argue that RFC 2891 inappropriate overloads the
criticality field of the control by use it to imply different
semantics upon recognized and supported controls.  That's an
issue which likely should be addressed during the eventual
revision of RFC 2891.

>I thought the I-D draft for control error is going to be applied for
>all controls besides VLV.

It can be applied by the specification of any control for use
with that control.

Kurt