Re: Comments on namedref draft

My concern is that flexibility in URIs will work against
interoperability.  A fully conforming server can return referrals that
a fully conforming client has no idea how to deal with.

Could we say that the URI SHOULD be in the form of an LDAP URL, but it
MAY be in some other form?  That would at least point implementers in
the right direction.