Re: subjects in LDAP ACMs

Kurt,

I would say that those policy things that belong in the authentication
subsystem are those things which are likely to be required to be a
function of the authorization id only.  For example, policy like "three
consecutive failed binds by the same requestor then lock the account" or
"time of day restriction on class X of users".  Policy which is likely
to be required to be a function of dn, attribute and permissions
naturally belongs in the ACM.  I think the factors we have identified
are in this class.  For example, there may be particular sensitive
subtrees, entries and attributes the modification of which requires
strong authentication.

Anyone else care to cast a vote for or against factors in the ACM--to
recall they currently look something like this:

factor = [ "authnLevel:" authnLevel ":" ]
        [ "ipAddress:" ipAddress ]
        [ "dns:" [ "*." ] domainname ) ]

Finally what we are discussing here are "factors" not "subjects" and so
I don't think they are ruled out by U2.

Rob.