Re: IP Address in the ACM (Was: Comments onAccessControlModel- BNF)

Robert,

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

To ensure that is no confusion as to my position, I'll
reiterate it.

I object to a MUST (or SHOULD) for the ipAddress and DNS name
based subjects as I believe it inappropriate to mandate
(or recommend) the implementation of easily spoofed subjects.
It my opinion that these subjects should either be completely
removed (my preference) or made OPTIONAL. If made OPTIONAL,
the document should contain a detailed explanation of the
security considerations associated with the use of these
subject.

Kurt