Re: IP Address in the ACM (Was: Comments on AccessControlModel - BNF)

At 05:30 PM 4/5/01 +0200, robert byrne wrote:
>However, not specifying something as optional is
>definitely within our control and will avoid the situation where one
>server implements the ip subject and another server does not--simple as
>that.

All that is necessary for protocol interoperability is for
implementations to recognize the complete syntax.

We've training our users not to expect insecure features
in our software.  We are slowly eliminating these features
WITH the support of our user community.  Progressing a
Standard Track ACM which would require us to add back in
features, or preclude us from eliminating them, is a Bad
Thing.

Kurt