RE: which naming attribute ...

> As a matter of interest, aliasedObjectName does not exist in X.500.
> It is called aliasedEntryName.  I am not sure if this is an oversight
> or deliberate change.  The correct term for a node in the DIT is
> 'entry', not object.

It was called aliasedObjectName in the 1988 standard and changed
to aliasedEntryName in the 93 standard.

David

> Cheers,                           ....Erik.

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J