Re: Fwd: controlling visability of subentries

The problem I see with solution 2 (create a control that mimics the X511
ServiceControls) is that there would be no way for an LDAP client to
discover the subset of ServiceControls that is supported on a given LDAP
server.  Surely we are not going to require support for everything in
ServiceControls just to solve the subentry problem.  Therefore, I prefer
solution 1.

And so everyone knows what we are talking about, from X.511:

   A ServiceControls parameter contains the controls,
   if any, that are to direct or constrain the provision
   of the service.

   ServiceControls ::= SET {
     options [0] BIT STRING {
     preferChaining (0),
     chainingProhibited (1),
     localScope (2),
     dontUseCopy (3),
     dontDereferenceAliases (4),
     subentries (5),
     copyShallDo (6), } DEFAULT {},
     partialNameResolution (7),
     manageDSAIT (8) } } DEFAULT {},
     priority [1] INTEGER
          { low (0), medium (1), high (2) } DEFAULT medium,
     timeLimit [2] INTEGER OPTIONAL,
     sizeLimit [3] INTEGER OPTIONAL,
     scopeOfReferral [4] INTEGER { dmd(0), country(1) } OPTIONAL,
     attributeSizeLimit [5] INTEGER OPTIONAL
     manageDSAITPlaneRef [6] SEQUENCE {
     dsaName Name,
     agreementID AgreementID } OPTIONAL }