RE: Fwd: controlling visability of subentries

Hi Ed,

I personally think that solution 2 is the best one, specially for
the future.
If you take solution 1 it will also work, but at least you will create
a control for every additional service control you will support.
I think to work with a control is a clean solution but the number
of controls increase rapitly and different servers have a lot of
different controls they support.
I think there is the requirement that the protocol has to be compatible
and only some administrative clients will use this feature and a simple
LDAP Client should not been broken.
We handle subentries over LDAP for all update operations like normal entries
and for the search in a special way, so if the filter contains
ObjectClass=SUBENTRY
the search operation is only for subentries and all other search operations
exclude subentries. Is this a problem ?