Re: new internet draft - LDAP Extensions Style Guide

At 01:10 PM 8/15/00 -0700, Bruce Greenblatt wrote:
>>A specific point is, can you add the sentence "when defining a
>>control to be placed on an operation request, the specification must
>>clearly specify which controls (if any) are allowed to be placed in
>>the corresponding operation result"
>

>Good idea.  I will include verbiage to that effect in the next revision.

Just one comment on this comment... "when extending an operation though
definition of one or more controls, the specification SHOULD clearly
specify interactions with other, previously-defined, extensions
(using other controls).  The specification MAY NOT restrict further
extension of the operation by placement of additional, yet to
be defined, controls."