RE: Unique identifiers for LDAP attributes

Ron,

We have customers with 100+ locally defined attribute types in their
schemas so most of the attribute types would be flowing back and forth
as OIDs under the "middle course". This doesn't look substantially
different to me than deprecating the use of type names for all attribute
types, even the standard ones. If a significant number of attributes
are known only by OID then they might as well all be.

A creeping list of recognized attribute names sounds like more trouble
than if we just fixed the list of attribute names as they stand now.

Regards,
Steven