RE: Unique identifiers for LDAP attributes

Mark,

The problem is not that schema designers are using standard defined
attribute names in new definitions but rather that schema
designers are unwittingly using the same names in new definitions
where those new definitions are different (different OIDs or different
syntaxes or different equality matching, etc). And there is no
guarantee that an unused attribute name I choose today isn't going to be
commandeered by some future standard.

Regards,
Steven
Adacel Technologies