Re: objectclass of the Root DSE

Shouldn't the root DSE be a subentry? It would be nice if we could standardize the LDAPSubentry class and start subclassing it for things like root DSE and such.

At 03:13 PM 11/15/99 -0600, Mark Wahl wrote:
>Yes, that's something that will need to be added to the revision of 2251.
>Probably will make a new object class.

Something like?

	( LDAProotDSEOID NAME 'LDAProotDSE'
		DESC 'Root DSE object class'
		SUP top STRUCTURAL )

where LDAProotDSEOID should be replaced by an assigned OID.

>It doesn't need to be extensible because all the attributes of
>the root DSE are operational attributes,  which can be present
>in any entry.

I had thought that some of the attribute types within the
RootDSE were not operational.  I likely confused attribute
types of one of the RootDSE's subentry.

Thanks for the clarification.

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>