RE: AuthzIDs or DNs, but not both

I'm trying to understand this proposal.

So are you proposing that there be a new object class, say
authorizedUser, which MUST contain the uauthzid attribute and
which is supported by a structure rule which allows this new
object class to reside at the same level as Country, Organization,
and Domain? If so, is this object class outside of the server's naming
context? Does it carry other attributes about a user (e.g. phone,
address, email, etc.) or are they found elsewhere in the DIT?

> As far as the issue that servers may want to provide some
> other mapping, they
> are free to do so.  We have operational experience with
> servers mapping the
> bind DN onto another DN.  I did this with "uid=kdz" ->
> "uid=kdz,dc=openldap,dc=org".
> It works fine and doesn't require any protocol changes.  I
> would suspect that
> 	uauthzid=kdz -> uid=kdz,dc=openldap,dc=org

Agree. From the server perspective there is probably no difference
between mapping u:kdz -> uid=kdz,dc=openldap,dc=org or
uauthzid=kdz -> uid=kdz,dc=openldap,dc=org

				bill